Yush, also known as Moong Daal ( Green Gram ) Soup is very helpful in maintaining good health. This can be taken on a regular basis.
It helps ignite Agni ( Digestion ), controls Kapha , Good for Heart , Heals Wounds and used during Pancha Karma
There are several ways people prepare this. This is one of them
- Take 1/4 cup of whole moong . Wash it in a pot.
- Add 10 cups of water
- Add little grated ginger
- Boil in Low to Medium heat till Beans cook soft
- Mash a bit in the bottom with the base of the spoon
- Heat two table spoon of Ghee ( Clarified Butter ) in a separate pan on medium low flame till ghee just starts smoking. Turn down the heat.
- Add 1/2 Tea Spoon Cumin Seeds
- Add 1/4 Tea Spoon Turmeric powder
- Let it cool down
- Add this to the the Moong Daal Soup which was strained earlier
- Add Salt to Taste
- You can also add little cracked pepper
- You can also add 1/2 tea spoon coriander powder
Things to Note
- Use Organic if possible
- DO NOT use Sprouted ones